We got really good suggestions in class regarding our final proposal. I was really interested in one in particular, what I understood was: to attempt to question reality more in a way where the viewer isn't aware of which is the real the virtual or the imaginary. (Fight Club reference)
To do this, I think we could frame our main shot a little more with the theme in mind and this kind of augmented reality I want to explore.
SO, we could have the projection scene be the longest portion of the video. I was thinking we could very strategically set up the shot with the main character performing an activity (maybe playing the video game (so the song selection is more in context), or some kind of stationary performance, or maybe even dance, (point being how the character occupies that space) In that same shot off to the other side we can set up the dolls or whatever and have the avatar interacting with the objects. I think the avatar should have a voice, maybe even the dolls if we end up using them. The shot can start out on the character, pan to the avatar then come out to show both. So, we never actually know which is intended to be the "real" and we see distinct interaction between worlds, and how they affect each other.
Although this may deal with perception and how protocol between spaces change and are created.
On another note, to comment on the technical side, 2nd life, aside from being very time consuming, and somewhat of a frustrating drag, it too can be just as blah as reality, except I find I am more bored in 2nd life, so I find myself questioning what is life and why do I exist yet again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment