For the final I was thinking about doing an infomercial type piece. I'm interested in doing it on Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal.
There are other techniques I want to incorporate into the project so I don't think the final product will be an infomercial.
I really want to connect with his satire, I find the ridiculousness of infomercials will aid in doing so. I hope I can make this a social commentary on current economic situations, since this is somewhat of a never ending ordeal (there seems to always be a place for poverty), it's something I'd like to address, specifically for the US. Although I feel that the US tends to exaggerate, because the poverty here isn't comparable to the poverty in 3rd world countries. I don't mean to be little the economic downfall of the US (as it also affects other countries), but I feel it's only more notable to Americans, because the majority of them are used to different lifestyles, and are in a sense spoiled. As far as resources go at least, they are readily available to us. I'm fascinated by the sense of moral and the institutions society places itself into--abides by.
No comments:
Post a Comment